Sunday, May 02, 2010

Playing Catch-Up...

The month of April just FLEW by and I have not done very well updating the blog. I have, however, still been taking a lot of pictures. Going to try and catch up to current! We went back to Iowa again the weekend after Easter. Teddy wanted to bowl in a bowling tournament on Sunday morning and the next weekend wasn't going to work because he would be leaving for California for work. On Sunday we stopped by Grandpa and Grandma Hutchinson's before we left and Grandpa Norman let Lainey try out the Motorcycle!
Give me the keys Grandma and let me go!

VROOM VROOM!!


Little Lainey Bug on a Big Bad Bike!
As it is spring outside now, things have started to bloom in the neighborhood. Before Teddy treated the yard, Alaina discovered DANDELIONS!!

Hmmm..What is this?
Smells...good?
That weekend while having lunch, Alaina decided she was just too tired to finish her sandwich. I put her to bed and the child slept for 3 hours and 45 minutes!! I had to wake her up and make sure she was ok! And no, she does not have bald spot...just crazy hair that day!!
As we have been playing outside a lot more, I decided Lainey needed some things to play with out there. We went to Target and I tried her on some different tricycles and things. She is still a bit on the small side but we found this Radio Flyer toy that is a ride on toy, a wagon or a stroller. It is also, a lady bug. So we call it Lainey's Lady Buggy. Of course, there was "some" assembly required... Alaina was so excited to play with it I couldn't tell her she had to wait so we set off putting it together. Alaina was really interested in helping...
I will screw this one in mom!
Now, I think this part goes on here like so...
Although she was doing a great job she lacked the dexterity to actual screw the screws in so mom stepped in to help! Finally! The Lady Buggy is done, but, Alaina had to make sure the tires were on tight!! (Notice Sam in the background lounging on the porch of the house, again...)
April 22 Alaina started swimming classes through the YMCA and she LOVES it! She isn't afraid of the water which is a good AND bad thing. We just have to watch her at all times! She prefers for you to take her in the deeper water where she can't touch so she can kick and float around. She will jump to me from the side of the pool and last week she went under water 6 times!
We took a quick picture before her class but we haven't got pictures at class yet because Daddy was out of town and mommy was in the pool!!

We also let Alaina try her first Galaxy Bar this month. (Chocolate covered ice cream)
At first she wasn't sure what to think!

Maybe I will just pick it apart...
Mmm...this chocolate is pretty good...
Ice Cream! Yum!
Is this how you lick the ice cream?
Nice and messy...Bath time?
Now just some random pictures...

Riding in my lady buggy with my tiara from McDonalds...
Welcome to the princess's house!
Maggie also enjoys the lady buggy!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
I live in Nebraska with my husband Teddy, daughter Alaina, son Nolan and boxer Duncan. I'm a full time mommy with a full time job and I wouldn't change a thing!